CHEX case studies launch - 30th March
March 8, 2016
‘Lunch and Launch’ event Wed 30th March 2016
12-2pm Glasgow City Centre
CHEX continues to add to the evidence of how Community-led Health benefits communities across Scotland. In our latest case study publication we present in-depth information of five organisations from the CHEX network, available here.
Our case studies reveal the capacity of communities to work in an empowering way with both individuals and groups in tackling health inequalities by
- improving local facilities and the environment
- developing person-centred services, responsive to local needs
- increasing sense of control leading to behaviour change
- reducing demand on statutory services
- engaging in constructive partnerships with statutory service providers
- promoting the prevention agenda
- improving mental wellbeing through building social connectedness
We have also mapped the activity of each organisation onto the Community-led Health Logic Model to provide easily accessible analysis of the work of each organisation.
We invite you to our ‘lunch and launch’ event where you will be able to hear from the case study organisations themselves about the work they do and discuss with colleagues the benefits of this way of working to address Scotland’s health inequalities.
To register for this event, for which places are limited, please email Alex.MacDonald@scdc.org.uk. Please let us know of any access or dietary requirements you may have.
Download a pdf of this invitation here.