Community Empowerment consultation video
October 6, 2014
The Scottish Parliament has published a video on the forthcoming Community Empowerment (Scotland) Bill looking for individuals and community groups to respond to the Bill's on-going consultation.
The video details some of the powers the Bill aims to bring, specifically the Request for Participation, which enables community groups to approach public bodies with their ideas about how services can be run differently.
The Participation Request process is as follows:
- A group approaches a public body with their ideas
- The group must demonstrate the need for change and how their idea would help
- The public body would decide whether or not to allow the request
- If it did, the public body would then have to work from the group to make it happen
The Local Government and Regeneration Committee ask the following questions for indivduals and groups to respond to:
- Do you think the Bill as its stands is the best way of getting people's ideas in front of the decision makers?
- Would you use this new right?
- If not, why not?
- What would stop you?
- Would you find it easier to participate as a group or individual?
- What help do you need to become involved?
You can reply to some or all of the questions in the following ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online: www.facebook.com/scottishparliament
- Post: Local Government and Regeneration Committee, Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh, EH99 1SP
- Phone or text message: 0131 348 6040
We encourage all individuals, groups and organisations to respond. The video is available here.