New blog from Edinburgh Tenants Federation
June 22, 2016
Edinburgh Tenants Federation launched their brand new housing blog at their Conference and AGM on 18th June 2016 and they’re excited about what’s in store for readers.
Their first guest blog From Geneva to Leith: Bringing Human Rights Home comes from Judith Robertson, Chair of the Scottish Human Rights Commission (SHRC).
Appearing monthly on the ETF website (www.edinburghtenants.org.uk) and e-newsletter, the blog will feature stories, reflections and pictures about what’s hot in the housing and community development worlds.
Clare MacGillivray, Development Coordinator explains,
We’re gearing up for some special contributors to help tell the story of what’s happening in housing in Edinburgh (…and beyond) and we need YOUR help. If you’re a tenant, work in housing, are interested in community development, or just plain passionate about where you live why not become one of our guest bloggers
No experience necessary and support will be provided if you need it. Just give ETF a shout on 0131 475 2509 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to tell them you’re up for it.
Here’s some hints and tips from ETF for submitting a blog:
- A photo and a bit about you (name, organisation, why you’re blogging). We know some people might want to be anonymous and that’s fine too.
- People love hearing from real people.
- You’re an expert. Your experiences count. Tell your story. Be comfortable what you’re sharing.
- If you’re passionate – it will show.
- Talk around the topic – housing, community development, your local area or issue.
- Use pictures, poems, or practical hints and tips to make your point.
- Don’t fear controversy.
- Follow our golden rules when blogging. We need to make sure our online community is safe.
- Maximum 300 word
- Keep it short and snappy. If it’s more than 300 words – fantastic – that’s two blog posts!
- Contact the ETF office if you need help to get involved. Phone 0131 475 2509 or email email@example.com
We can help spotlight your community