FCFCG training opportunities
May 21, 2015
The Federation of City Farms and Community Gardens is offering forthcoming training opportunities for those working in a community growing setting.
Community Garden Essentials Training
A five day workshop programme for individuals and groups who would like to set up, develop and sustain a community garden or growing space. Each day includes a mix of practical workshops, site visits, discussions and networking opportunities. You can attend one day, or several sessions. Please click on the specific days to find out more and book your place.
- Involving communities and profile raising. 28th May. Granton Community Gardeners, Edinburgh.
- Finding, planning and designing your site, 16th June. The Concrete Garden, Glasgow.
- Organising your group and governance. August.
- Recruitment, training and looking after your staff and volunteers.November.
- Understanding finance, fundraising and income generation. February.
Scrub up, Grub's up June 9th, 9:30-4:00pm, Maxwell Centre, Dundee.
A day of workshops, networking and sharing good practice to bring fun, food based growing activity to your community garden. Workshops include outdoor cooking, making world food local, engaging children in food based activity and more. Networking lunch included.
Access bursaries are available to help cover costs (transport, crèche etc) of attending.
More information and booking is available via FCFCG's website www.farmgarden.org.uk/scotland or call 0131 6237058.
Communities Channel Scotland received this information from FCFCG's e-bulletin. If you want to receive this for yourself visit https://www.farmgarden.org.uk/farms-gardens/your-region/scotland.