Free Digital Skills Training in Dumfries and Galloway - Nov 2017
October 2, 2017
Digitally Agile Community Learning and Development - The Basics is a collaborative project between Learning Link Scotland, YouthLink Scotland and Scottish Community Development Centre (SCDC).
We are running free training to support community learning and development practitioners to develop basic digital skills and to embed those skills into community learning and development practice.
The training will focus on basic digital skills of managing information, communicating, transacting, problem solving, creating and staying safe online. The context for the course will be how basic digital skills can become embedded in the practitioners' community learning and development practice.
- Two days - day one will focus on basic digital skills, day two will focus on how to use digital skills in community learning and development practice.
- Day one will be on 13th November and day 2 will be on 27th November.
- Both days will run from 10.00 - 15.00 and refreshments and lunch will be provided.
- The training will take place at: North West Resource Centre, College Drive, Dumfries DG2 0BX
- Participants do not need to be called a community learning and development or CLD worker but do need to be active in community learning and development activities such as adult education, youth work or community development.
- Participants may be employed by a local authority, third sector organisation or college or be a volunteer worker.
- Our intention is to recruit those practitioners who do not feel confident with their digital skills and need some support to help them get started in using digital skills in their practice.
How to get involved:
- Please register your interest in the course by contacting Jackie Howie, by email email@example.com or 0141 353 5649
- Once you have registered interest you will be sent further information on joining the course.
For a quick update on the Digitally Agile CLD Principles please go to the website:
We can help spotlight your community