Macmillan @ Glasgow Libraries
January 9, 2017
If you're affected by cancer you may want to know there's someone you can turn to for help. Someone who can help find answers to your questions, whatever they may be. Glasgow Libraries is working with Macmillan Cancer Support to provide Macmillan Cancer Information & Support Services in local communities.
The service provides information, support and practical help or simply someone to talk to. It enables people to talk through issues and concerns with staff and trained volunteers. Services include
- A listening ear, time to talk and meet others affected by cancer
- Help finding the information you need on living with all aspects of cancer
- Help arranging free counselling appointments held locally*
- Help arranging free complementary therapy appointments held locally*
- Refering to local Macmillan Benefits Advisor
- Guidance on good quality internet sites for cancer information & support
- Help to sign up to Move More - local Macmillan physical activity programmes.
* Provided by Cancer Support Scotland
We can help spotlight your community