My Choices: I did it my way - Glasgow, 27th March
March 10, 2015
This free, half day interactive Conference offers the opportunity to hear directly from disabled people who have participated in GDA’s “My Choices” project and learn how choice and control has directly impacted on their lives.
Taking place at the Thistle Hotel, Cambridge Street, Glasgow on Friday 27th March, 9.30 – 12.30 followed by lunch, the event will share learning via the launch of “I did it my way” Personal Journeys, an Action Research Report and interactive sessions with “My Choices” participants themselves.
Key messages will inspire and inform more creative and effective models of personal support including Self Directed Support. The day will bring together stakeholders and offers a unique opportunity for agencies to hear directly from disabled people so that SDS developments can be driven by learning and experience of what works for them.
The event will be kick-started by a performance of the acclaimed “Purple Poncho Players”- a group of GDA members, who have joined together to share experiences which depict the real lives of disabled people, in a fun, accessible and thought-provoking way.
Who Should Attend
- Senior Officers leading the implementation of SDS in their organisations at policy or delivery level
- Public agencies providing services wishing to use coproduction to reform and develop services
- Those involved in collaborative working and joint resourcing e.g. Health and Social Care Integration, Community Planning and RCOP
- Managers and Staff in local authorities and NHS teams
- Commissioners of support services
- Providers of Support Services
My Choices Final Event Programme
Places are very limited so please get in touch as soon as possible to register your interest and apply for a free place. Call 0141 556 7103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org