Growing Stories in our communities
October 18, 2018
Scotland’s Local Storytelling Campaign kicks-off on 17 September and runs to 30 November.
The theme this year is ‘Growing Stories’, highlighting how stories can help individuals and communities’ grow together and play a vital part in preserving heritage and cultures for new generations and for connecting us with the world.
Schools and communities can take part by hosting a storytelling event around the theme #GrowingStories Get your storytelling toolkit and find out how to take part here: http://bit.ly/SISFGrowingStories.
As part of the campaign, community groups can hold storytelling events and help celebrate this theme. The website contains.
- A downloadable toolkit with ideas on how to take part, tips on how to host events and info on how to book a storyteller, rates and subsidies
- Resources for storytelling and how to become a story collector and archivist
- A Social Media and PR pack with infographics, text and press templates to promote events
- Tips and info on how to connect storytellers with schools and communities in local areas
- Support with a #GrowingStories social media campaign that will run throughout the main festival - with a focus/showcase day on Wednesday 7 November
See more at https://www.sisf.org.uk/sisf-local-campaign/